Today was fun! We had some friends over to 'harvest' the sauerkraut we made; they had supplied the cabbage and carrots and we made it into kraut. We had a whopping total of 8 well-packed gallons! Whew! That should keep us all for a couple of months!
After the kraut-fest was finished, Andrew and I decided that it would be fun to make more Christmas cookies (since the ones we made earlier in the week disappeared WAY too quickly! And, no, we did NOT eat them all; we did give some away!) So, we cut out cookies, had naps and then decorated... but this time I did NOT get any sprinkles out! The mess was less and, once again, we had fun! Abigail was very detail oriented (at least at first), and even Phinehas tried his had at as artistic flare.
When we were finished I realized, with a shock, that it was 5:30 and I hadn't turned a single thought to supper. So I hurriedly made one of my favorite soups - Egg Drop! Here is how you do it:
Egg Drop Soup
1/4 cup of butter
3-4 cloves garlic
2 quarts of chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp salt
pepper
parsley
a handful of pastina (itty bitty, teeny tiny pasta)
4-5 eggs, well beaten
Sautee the garlic in the butter til soft;
Add the broth, salt, pepper and parsley;
Bring to boil;
Add pastina;
Reduce heat and cook til pastina is done;
Turn off heat;
Pour beaten eggs into hot broth while rapidly stirring the soup;
Top with generous portions of parmesan cheese;
ENJOY!!
We enjoyed this with cheese and crackers, as well as the Carpenter's garlic popcorn (yes, he is the Popcorn King, too!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment