Friday, February 5, 2010

Eat Dirt!

The Carpenter and I have decided to start eating dirt - rather, we will be drinking it. I ordered some Bentonite Clay and some Diatomaceous Earth. You mix a bit of each in a glassful of water and drink it down! We just finished our first 'shot.'

I had heard of bentonite clay before - in short, it binds toxins and removed them from your body. People also use it for facial masks, but I will probable never get around to trying that - and I severely doubt I'd ever find Andrew smearing mud on his face (unless he was hunting or being stealthy or something!). I'll let you read about the proclaimed benefits for yourself; just click on the links!

I had also heard of diatomaceous earth (DE). One of the main components in DE is silica, something our bodies need! I had heard of it for pest control - like ants - but only recently learned of the benefits of taking it internally. You'll have to read for yourself the L-O-N-G list of reasons to take DE. (Just click on the link!)

We will have to let you know if we see any results from our dirt eating venture!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! ha ha. Make sure an take in extra fiber so you don't get backed up with dirt. :)

    ReplyDelete