Wow! I feel like I've been running around for the past few weeks like a chicken with its head chopped off! For the past three weekends we've taken some mini trips with Annie (the Duck Bus), coming home in time for us to get our vegetables from our crop share we are a part of, to do laundry, to repack Annie and be off again! I'm ready to stay home for a couple of weeks - long enough to put a new roof on Annie, put up some summer veggies, visit with people around home, and plan for our next adventure. Anyone want some visitors?
So, what HAVE we been doing? Well, we visited great-grandparents that first weekend (you saw a few pictures from that!) The next weekend was SO FUN! We journeyed to PA and went camping with three other couples and their kids. We were at a private little camp-site that was right on a lovely little river. Tall trees grew up along the banks of the cool river; the bottom was mostly soft, slimy clay that the kids coated themselves with! One of the other ladies and I rode little floaty tubes down the river - we saw so many different kinds of dragonflies and birds. The air was pleasantly warm and the water perfectly cool so that we could have floated forever with out a shiver! I hadn't had that much fun since I don't know when!
We cooked meals over the fire, roasted marshmallows, drank campfire coffee, talked, laughed and enjoyed watching the kids be kids! It was wonderful!
We came home late Monday night (it is NICE to travel in an RV! The kids can eat, sleep, and be merry with no problem at all!) and turned around and pulled out again on Thursday for a mid-summer get together with all of Andrew's family. We did have a good time!
Now we are home. This morning (you won't believe this) the kids ALL slept til NOT 6:30 (the usual), NOT 7:30 (the occasional treat), but til 8:30!!! We (the kids and I) took the day off and did not much more than laundry and lounging - Abigail listened to Black Beauty for 2-3 hours, and only stopped because I mandated it.
And now, they are all in bed... and I soon to follow!
Sounds like alot of fun, Licia!You're making happy memories with your family. That is great!
ReplyDelete