My kids would make excellent meteorologists; the 'winter storm' they've been predicting (for about a month or so) has finally come! All three of the bigger kids were bundled up and outside before breakfast this morning, shoveling, digging, swinging, marching... and tromping through the still-running creek! I don't understand the magnetic-like attraction between children and water.
Though I have enjoyed the extended autumn that we've had, I must admit that the clean white beauty of the freshly fallen snow brings a peace and stillness to me - especially when there is a steaming cup of hot tea in my hand. I love watching the wee birds as they flock to the feeder outside my kitchen window, their little bodies all puffed up against the cold. The winter birds are one of my favorite things about the cold season! Unfortunately, I've not seen even a glimpse of a single cardinal. Maybe this new snow will bring them out of hiding.
Well, the kids have come in, eaten pancakes, and have scattered - some back to the cold outdoors, some to cozy corners with favorite books... and one to his world of imagination. Off I go to dishes, laundry, and another cup of tea!
Hi Licia,
ReplyDeleteYou have beautiful kids!!!!! I'll be back to catch up on other posts :)
Cindy
Hello, Licia! I have a question for you. A LONG time ago, you posted your homemade mayonnaise recipe on my blog. I can't believe how much time has passed, and I kept meaning to make it, and it was one of those things that I never got around to doing. Well, last night, I did make it, and well, it is the best mayonnaise I've ever tasted! I wonder about the raw eggs though. Have you never had any problems with listeriosis? I know it is probably rare, especially in the U.S., but I'm not sure about here in Kenya. I'm wondering if there is any way to cook the eggs first or if the mayonnaise even has to have the eggs. It probably does. What are your thoughts on this? My e-mail is jessicormier81@gmail.com. Thanks!
ReplyDelete