Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Catching Up

Well… its been long enough, eh?! In case you are wondering, we haven’t had regular Internet access for a while, so in spite of the fact that I have ideas for posts running through my head on a daily basis, I rarely type them and even more rarely post them.

The earth is fully arrayed in its glorious spring splendor and it seems we can’t get enough of playing outside. We have watched the unveiling and fading of cherry blossoms and apple blossoms, and now are wrapped in the delightful fragrance of lilacs. The honeysuckle and autumn olive bushes are on the verge of bursting forth with their blooms and then we will be surrounded by their intoxicating perfume. We have welcomed back the blue birds, the orioles, and the brown thrashers, the red-winged blackbirds and the brightly arrayed goldfinches. I love spring!

At the end of April I turned 28. For my birthday Andrew bought me a big ol’ cast iron pan – a 15 ½ inch diameter, a round griddle and a new pot. But, better than all that he got me and Abigail tickets to see Anne of Green Gables, the musical. It was very lovely, taking my not-so-little girl to a musical. I loved sitting by her and hearing her warbling laughter, feel her little hand gently holding onto my arm, watching her bright eyes take in as much as they could hold. From the moment we got out of the car and walked to the too-long line, my throat started choking up and my eyes got all watery. I almost came unglued at the realization that my daughter and I were going together to ‘an event’! It was too surreal, and almost too lovely for me to bear. We managed to find seats that were ‘front and center’ and as we watched the orchestra tune up Abbi declared that she wanted to play the trombone, and the flute, AND the violin. During the intermission they served ice cream cones. As we waited in line right in front of a few unpleasant children and their even more unpleasant grandmother I got all choked up again as I re-realized what a delightful treasure I have in my girl! We bought one cone for the two of us and sat out in the lawn where there was a fresh breeze; Abbi contentedly said, “It is fun sharing an ice cream cone with you Mama!” Wow! Melt my heart all over again!

So, that was my birthday. I am definitely WELL taken care of. Now we are spending our time working on the garden and getting the coop ready for the quickly growing chickens. Life is full, fun, and filled with wonder!

2 comments:

  1. Andrew knows you well, Licia! You ARE well taken care of! Abbi is pretty wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happymyerfamily.blogspot.comMay 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM

    That makes me wanna cry too. Aren't daughters the most beautiful treasures?? You're a good mamma.

    ReplyDelete