Friday, September 24, 2010

You Will Never Guess What We Did Last Night!

Andrew cut my hair! I had trimmed it earlier in the day - the ends were worse than scraggly. Then, as we were brushing our teeth, I showed him the approximate length where my hair started to look just plain bad. "Lets cut it!" he said. So, we did. He cut it just below my shoulders... and then, after it was cut, my slight natural curl started to kick in and it went ABOVE my shoulders! *GASP*

Well, I laughed. And I cried. Then I laughed again. And I cried some more. And then, when I got in bed, I had a full fledged sob session. I know, I know - we women are so fickle! But really - I have NEVER had hair this short! Well, at least not since I was in first grade and my mom put my hair in a pony tail and chopped the pony tail off. Since then, all I've ever had done is a trim. Sure, some trims were longer than others, but never a genuine CHOP!

Today, I like it. I've been reading up on how to grow HEALTHY long hair and what is the first step? Bite the bullet and cut off all the not-so-nice stuff. Well! We accomplished that with excellence!

But, better than me liking it, Andrew does. He says I look, "cute." Now, I've never seen myself as "cute" - I always aspired to be "regal" and "elegant." But, the way the Carpenter looks at me when he says, "you look cute!" makes regal and elegant sound commonplace! Anyway, maybe in a couple of days I'll get up enough courage to post some pictures. We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. Post! Post! Post! I want to see a picture! Or you can try Skyping again... :) I laughed out loud as I read - your writing is SO you! As it should be! I miss our chats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for a picture.....;)

    ~Darla

    ReplyDelete