Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We Are Alive!

Well, its been what? Two months since I’ve written anything? That and more! And it hasn’t been for lack of writing material, that is for sure! For one thing, I think some of you may be wondering how Andrew has fared since his accident: He is all healed up and back to work… for two months now. The kids cried when he started up again! Well, who am I kidding? I did too! Though we don’t recommend parking your car next to a telephone pole at 30 mph, it sure provided a wonderful season of family time.


Since that time, a lot has been going on in our neck of the woods!! Abigail lost her first two teeth, we’ve expanded and planted our garden, built fences, chased chickens, and added a trampoline for added chaos. We’ve put away the winter coats and hats and boots (well, almost! They are washed and ready for the tote – if I will ever go stuff them in!), we’ve brought out the bikes. The kids have started building a fort in the woods, there has been much digging in dirt, moving stones, jumping in mud, and splashing in our very full and bubbling brook. (For a time, I was washing 2 EXTRA loads of laundry a day, just to keep up with the wet and muddy clothes! Now that the mud is basically gone and the heat of summer is here, we let the wet things dry on the kids.) We’re plodding on with the school work – math lessons are a-l-m-o-s-t done for this year – and we’ve enjoyed our hands-on science lessons that the spring had ushered in. Fortunately, there have been enough rainy days to make it easy to keep up on reading. One day at breakfast last week, Abigail said, “I prayed to God last night that he would make today a rainy day so that I could curl up with a book all day!” Yeah – like mother, like daughter! I’ve been getting materials together and making lists of things to order for the next school year, and I’ve started preparing our final quarterly report. Hooray!


Spring has also brought the arrival of many new babies! We’ve friends and family that have either had new little ones or are impatiently waiting for the arrival overdue babes. (Waiting to hear, Lacey!!)


So, here we are! Spring is almost past, Summer is around the corner! I can’t guarantee that I’ll be any more faithful in writing, but I would LIKE to be! I have lots of lovely pictures that I’m planning on adding to our SmugMug account; I’ll post a link when I get that done (hopefully before snow flies!) Oh! And we have a budding photographer! Abigail has demonstrated a keen eye for beauty, and a steady hand for snapping photos – most of which are in focus! I’ll add an album of her masterpieces on SmugMug as well.


We hope the warm weather find you well – and drying out! And Oh! Guess what! Today is our anniversary! We’ve been married 9 years! Can you believe it? Nine years with my best friend – it has gone by in a flash… yet its hard to recall a time without the Carpenter in my life. He is so good to me! And look! Four beautiful babies as evidence of our love! Its been a good nine years!

No comments:

Post a Comment