Phinehas, little man that he is, is now four. We celebrated his birthday with both sets of grandparents, a great gramma and a great Aunt. He eagerly counted down the days with a birthday chain and could hardly take his nap the day of his party. A few days later was his real birthday. The Carpenter woke him up early - rather, let him get up - and got him ready for work. As I was packing lunch for the fellows, Phinehas declared to me in an authoritative voice: "Mama. You need to make breakfast for me and Papa." Little did he know that he was going out to breakfast with not only Papa, but Grampa too!!!
After breakfast, Andrew took Phinehas to the shop where together they worked on a gun. I wish I had a picture of it to post but I wasn't thinking ahead (not new...) Anyway, it is made of maple and walnut with a 1 1/2" or so dowel painted black as the barrel. It is a very handsome gun! Sometimes, Phin is very imaginative and goes hunting. Other times he carries it around, puts it to his shoulder and "fires" it off; I ask him what he shot and he says, "The chair!"
Anyway, below are a few pictures of Phin's special days!





wow awesome "cake"! we'll have to do that...
ReplyDeleteand the slate drawing from Abbi is so sweet!!