Friday, June 11, 2010

Annie, the Duck Bus

Annie, the Duck Bus



Meet Annie, the new addition to our family – named by Abigail, of course. We picked her up yesterday and brought her home. She is a Mallard Sprinter – hence “Duck Bus.” Today, the Carpenter has become the Mechanic and is changing filters, sparkplugs, and a bunch of other things I know nothing about. Both Phin and Abbi are trying to help now and again: “Phin, hand me that filter.” “What filter?” “The thing I gave to you a little while ago!” “I don’t know where it is.” “Find it!” “Oh. Is this it?” “Yes, son. Thank you.” In a couple weeks we are going to take a trial trip up to Lake Ontario to visit G-G (Great Grandma). The kids have been told that, yes, they can be excited about a trip to “Camp” but that they need to NOT whine or beg about wanting to go sooner. Their solution? “Elroy [the dog]! Do you wanna go to camp TOMORROW?! Yeah, boy! Sure you do! Mama, Elroy wants to go to camp TOMORROW!” Hmph.


On a different note, after we had been singing on the car ride home from getting Annie, I got all teary eyed when Abigail said, “Mama, if you were silent for 100 years but you were still alive that whole time, I would really miss your voice.”

1 comment: