And today was a first time for one of our kids to have stitches! On his way to the breakfast table, Phinehas (age 4) tripped on air and fell, gashing his eyebrow on the edge of one of our kitchen chairs (hard and wooden). He came up roaring with rage and quivering in pain/anger. I scooped him up, took him to the bathroom, put a cool, wet washcloth on the VERY ugly wound and called the Carpenter and said, "Can you please come home right now; Phin bumped his head and probably needs stitches." Needless to say, my Hero made it home right quick!
In the mean time, I put Phin on the couch with an ice pack over the washcloth and a little cup of cheerios (a big treat for the kids.) He was quiet so I called a local Dr.'s office to see if we could take him there rather than the hospital; it was a go! By then, Phin started whimpering. I asked him if he was OK: "Yes." What's wrong?: "I want to eat my breakfast!" In that moment I knew Phinehas was going to be just fine!
Anyway, my Hero took Phin to get his three stitches and Phin was a champ - kept his hands down the whole time... and then got to go back to work with Andrew. Probably, in Phin's mind, the wound was worth it to get to work with Papa!!
****
Speaking of first times for everything, you'd think that maybe there would be a first time for me to take timely pictures of my super cool drying rack I mentioned before; however, though it has been on my to do list for about 5 days, obviously I've not gotten to it! I promise I'll try and get them up before the summer is out! (And who knows? Maybe you'll get to see a picture of Phin's stitches! Hah!)
would love to see pictures, Licia! Make it priority on your to do list! =) Love ya!
ReplyDelete