Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Random Ramblings

You'd think that since I now have more regular internet access I would post my rambling thoughts more often. I guess not. But here are a few of them, in no particular order:

Summer snow: The cottonwood fluff floating on the warm breeze, sticking to wet, dewy feet in the morning sunlight. I like this snow!

Multiflora Rose: Invasive, persistent, threaded with thorns, choking out other life... but such a heady scent! I can't bring myself to dislike this glorious plant! Now it blossoms in splendor; in the autumn it will be laden with tiny hips, tart on the tongue, full of goodness.

Ice Cream: Whoever invented it was a genius. I hope he died fat and happy.

Lady's Smock: That white and purple fragrant flower that we all call wild phlox. I've had armloads of them brought to me by the children! And there is even one persistent plant growing high up in the crotch of a tree! We had fun imagining the fairies planting it... or the chipmunks... or the birds... or the wind.

Orioles and Full Moons: Last week we had a full moon. The nights were crystal clear and when the moon was at its highest the quiet night was shattered by the voice of the oriole we have nesting in a nearby tree! Incredible music. Breathtaking. Clear, simple, pure, lovely!

Anniversary Apricots: Yesterday was our anniversary! The Carpenter and his wife have been married for 8 years; each grows sweeter than the last. To celebrate we had "Anniversary Apricots" - apricots soaked in brandy with pieces of vanilla intermingled in the jar. They sat for two months; it really was a coincidence that they were ready on our anniversary, but we took advantage of it! They are yummy. Not something that you would necessarily crave and want to consume vast quantities of (like the afore mentionedBlockquote ice cream). But they are refreshing! If you come and visit, we'll share!

Well, that is all for now, except for a quaint little funny that Abigail said earlier today:Italic

Twice today our Suburban would not start; the battery is old and lacking. So, after the second time, Abigail declared that "Papa needs to get us a new battery. He can get rid of the old one and put the new, baby one in and it can grow up to be BIG and STRONG!!"

Blockquote

1 comment:

  1. I must take you up on that offer! YUM. God is glorious, and look what a world He has given us! Whenever I am tired and ornery and not trusting the Lord, there is nothing like the created world to make me remember that He is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete