Well, I had been planning on writing to you about how I conquered the laundry and truly, I had good start this morning. However, it does absolutely NO GOOD to turn the washer on, add the soap, and then forget to put the clothes in. All you end up with is a nice, clean washer – and a big pile of laundry still remains. Oh, hum! But, I did have a good reason for being so air headed: I was making Abigail’s birthday skirt! I had intended to work on it secretly, but there really just isn’t ample time for that. So, I decided to tell her about it and give her something to look forward to, and my! Is she excited! At one point, having forgotten to iron a small section, I said, “O bother!” Abbi was suddenly still. With big, worried eyes she asked, “Do you need to call Nancy?” (My seamstress friend). Fortunately, if I stick to skirts, I should be OK.
However, this skirt DID require that I dust off my ol’ math brain! You see, Abbi wanted a long wrap skirt, “…so long that it touches the floor!” That would have been easy, if I had had fabric wide enough. But I didn’t, so I had to improvise. To make a long story short, I made a 5 panel skirt that is super cute AND it fits her, and should continue to do so for another year or more!!! (If you are at all interested in my rough formulations so you can make a simple 5 panel wrap skirt, let me know and I’ll try to type them out.)
So, what were the kids doing as I was sewing? Well, as usual, they colored for a while – Abbi a long while – and then Phin got out the roller-skates while Liam chased him around giggling. No, we had no casualties!
And, here are two pictures of Lydia in her John Deere shirt. Phinehas was quite proud of his sister, Liam kept pointing at her while saying, “BBBRRROOOOMM!!” and Abigail declared that now Lilly is ready to visit Auntie Mae and Joe at the horse barn… or their cousin Micah, who also loves John Deere things!


No comments:
Post a Comment