Thursday, November 12, 2009

Out of the Abundance of the Heart...

This morning Abigail was singing another song from her heart, talking about 'Standing on the Rock' and 'loving Jesus' and 'Standing on the rock of His life.' Anyway, intermingled in there, she was singing 'Proverbs 16:1.'

"The preparations of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord." - Proverbs 16:1

As I was thinking about all the times I've tried to get just the right words in order before talking or responding to Andrew about something, I realized how silly of me to have so frequently tried to make what is seen (or heard, in this case) be right while I've neglected my heart! Wow!

If I focus my energies on preparing my heart - laying it bear before the Lord, yielding to His washing and renewing of me, allowing His fruit of the Spirit to have fertile ground on which to grow, I won't need to worry about the actual words I say! The Lord will provide the proper words in the right time. So cool! So for me, and I give it to you, I have a focus shift. Lets spill our energies on preparing our heart to be soft, tender, filled with love and respect - then He will fill our tongues with kindness! [Proverbs 31:26]

"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." - Matthew 12:34

1 comment: