And, now I have two boys. They are both as different as night and day, yet as alike as two peas in a pod. And they are both absolutely different from Abigail... and even more different than me!
Today I caught a glimpse of what I'm in for. Now, mind you, Phinehas is only four. We took a trip down to the neighbors lovely pond after lunch for a wear-you-out-swim before nap time. Into the back of the Suburban went Abbi's and Phin's bikes. Once we got to the neighbor's l-o-n-g driveway, we stopped, got the kids' bikes out and let them ride. They did wonderfully! Then, after our swim, we told Abbi and Phin to ride back up the driveway. I won't tell you about Abbi's ride, but suffice it to say it was very... girly (emotional, challenging, and pretty slow). Well, Phin on the other hand, took off like a shot. When he got to an incline that was a bit of a challenge he jumped off his bike and, running, pushed i til he reached more level ground. Then on again, and off like a rocket. Well, he kept going (we were following in the Suburban). And he kept going. He passed the neighbor's house and kept going. I was starting to get a little nervous. "I don't think he is going to stop, Andrew! Would he really be so foolish as to try and ride home?" Well, he kept going... and Andrew stepped on the gas and whistled for Phin. Fortunately, Phin heard the whistle and responded because, sure enough! Home is where he was headed.
He had no doubt in his little mind that he could conquer riding down the road to our place. You could see that, in his estimation, he was (is) invincible!
Oh, boy! Hang on, mama! Its going to be a l-o-n-g ride!!
Haha! I really enjoyed this window into your little family, I miss you all, and send all of my love.
ReplyDeleteOh bless you!!!! I love it! Absolutely love it! Welcome to the world of little boys - mid-size boys and oh, my - big big boys!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThey are truly WILD AT HEART!!!!!!
Yup... That sounds about right, sister.
ReplyDelete