As I said... we have so much to be thankful for! The accident could have been devastatingly worse. I am so thankful for the man that lays beside me at night, snoring! I am thankful for the volunteer EMT's and ambulance drivers that rushed to the accident. I am thankful for my in-laws that opened their home to us during the first few days of recovery - the kids had very much fun playing with their grandparents! Today, after Andrew's followup appointment, we will be going home to rest and heal.
How long will resting and healing take? I don't know. 2 weeks? 4 weeks? 6 weeks? We shall see! Andrew will likely need Physical Therapy to help regain mobility in his hip/leg. After today's appointment we will know more about when that will start. Hopefully, Andrew will be on the healing fast track - lest he go crazy with nothing to do!
Again, this could have been so much worse. I am so thankful for the Lord's hand that covered and protected my man from what could have been so much worse. God is in the business of taking less than perfect circumstances and working them for good - I'm looking forward to seeing the good that comes of this!
Well, I guess that this update isn't the most pleasant way to say hi after a long absence! I'll try and update somewhat more frequently!
Wow! So thankful, too, for Andrew's guardian angels. He has a good nurse, so his recovery will be hasty! :)
ReplyDeleteThankful here too!
ReplyDelete