This morning as I got dressed, I heard the sound of water running from the down stairs. "Hmmm," I thought. "That sounds like Phin. I wonder... no. Andrew is down there. All is well." So I finished getting dressed and getting Lydia out of bed then stumbled down the stairs. Andrew and Liam were reading on the couch. I meandered into the kitchen and found Phinehas standing at the kitchen sink washing dishes - the plastic tea set dishes. The sink was almost full and the faucet was slightly on.
"Son, you need to turn the water off. The sink is too full," I managed to croak out.
"Papa said I could!"
"That is fine, but you have enough water. Turn the water off."
He did and I went to the laundry room to change Lydia's diaper and think about starting my nemesis (laundry). Well, before I could get to the nemesis I heard the sound of water, then Phinehas saying, "This water is making a mess!" Andrew called him into the living room and I though "Gosh, I should have emptied the sink when I went by." Well, hind sight is 20x20. When I made it to the kitchen (having completely forgotten about laundry) I found a pond on the floor under the overflowed sink. Now, this wouldn't have irritated me so much except for the following:
(1) My kitchen is carpeted
(2) I hadn't had my morning cup of coffee
(3) My kitchen is carpeted
(4) I was already irritated at getting up later than I had planned
(5) My kitchen is carpeted
From now on I'm gonna get up earlier... until tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment