I am thankful that I get to be a wife, a lover and a friend to The Carpenter. I am thankful that I get to be a mama to the four most amazing children I’ve ever seen. My heart swells to bursting when I look at my little ones. You couldn’t pay me enough to leave this life that I’ve been given – a life of dirty laundry, dirty dished, lots of meals consumed in less time than it took to cook them. A life of laughter, giggles, paintings, trucks and cars, dirty fingers that hold my hand, sticky kisses, snotty noses, muddy boots, muddy pants, muddy little bodies that hop in the tub and splash water on my carpeted bathroom floor. A life of NOISE, screeches of “PAPA!” at the day’s end, reading books out loud (and discovering just how many voices one mama can make), dirty diapers, searching for socks, building with blocks (and stepping on them time and time again.) A life of whispered prayers - “Jesus, keep them safe” - as they climb trees, jump down steps, swing on swings, climb the walls, play in the creek.
I wouldn’t trade this life for anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment