I am beginning to get used to my new mixer/blender. Very used to it. When it came, included in the package was a book of recipes especially designed to be used with the Bosch mixer. We have found a couple that we really like! I see no reason you couldn't make these in any old blender, so I thought I'd share!
Blender PancakesPut 1 c milk in blenderAdd 3/4 c wheat kernelsBlend on high, 4 minutesAdd:2 eggs2 T honey1/4 c oil (we use melted butter)2 tsp baking powder3/4 tsp baking soda1/2 tsp saltBlend until mixed.Cook on griddle.YUM!
Since this batter is a little thinner than your typical pancake batter, we put it into our 2 c Pyrex measure and pour it out onto our big ol' cast iron griddle. This is a fantastic way to get the benefit of your whole grain without the need to grind it ahead of time.
Instead of plain old orange juice, I made "Orange Julius." In order to make this, you have to get over the thought that milk and orange juice don't mix. Instead, think of a nice yummy creamsicle. We thought of our friends Marlin and Darla, who make a similar drink and serve it in lovely gobblets after the children are in bed. Here is the recipe:
Orange Julius1 cup milk1 cup water1 (6oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate1/2 cup sugar (we used ~1/3)1 tsp vanilla12 ice cubesAdd ingredients to Bosch blender.Pulse momentarily 5 or 6 times.Blend on high till smooth.
The only problem we had with this recipe is that we didn't have a 6 oz container of OJ concentrate; we only had a 12 oz. So, what do we do with the left overs? Make another batch!!
No comments:
Post a Comment